Sharecare Earns Three-Year Population Health Program Accreditation from NCQA
ATLANTE, January 27, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — Sharecare (NASDAQ: SHCR), the digital health company that helps people manage all of their health in one place, today announced that it has received three-year accreditation from the Committee National Quality Assurance (NCQA) for its population health management platform, including programs for coronary heart disease, heart failure, asthma, diabetes and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
“The NCQA Accreditation Program is the industry benchmark, and we’re proud that Sharecare has once again been recognized for our evidence-based tools and programs that empower our customers, their members, and loved ones to unlock the full value of their health benefits,” mentioned Michael Crupain, MD, MPH, Senior Vice President of Clinical Operations at Sharecare. “As we continue to meet the evolving health and wellness needs of people around the world through our platform, we remain steadfastly committed to simplifying and demystifying the healthcare experience by providing each individual personalized information, resources and support they can trust.
NCQA accreditation standards are developed with input from a variety of stakeholders and resources: health plans, population health management industry leaders and organizations, an expert panel, and standing committees. Deliberately raised to encourage organizations to continually improve their quality, the NCQA accreditation standards aim to help organizations achieve the highest level of performance possible and create an environment of continuous improvement. Sharecare Accredited – 3 Year status is awarded by the NCQA to organizations that demonstrate strong performance of the functions outlined in the Population Health Program Accreditation Standards, which include:
- Description of the program: The organization describes its population health management program, including its evidence base, and reviews and adopts new findings relevant to its program as they become available, as appropriate.
- Data integration: The organization collects and integrates data sources to perform population health management functions.
- Population assessment: The organization conducts a population assessment to identify the needs and characteristics of the population.
- Population segmentation: The organization segments or stratifies the population into actionable categories for intervention.
- Targeted interventions: The organization offers targeted interventions based on the person’s needs.
- Practitioner support: The association involves practitioners by providing them with information.
- Quality measurement and improvement: The organization evaluates the effectiveness of population health programs.
- Rights and responsibilities of individuals: The organization communicates the rights and responsibilities of the individual.
- Population Health Management Delegation: The organization carefully monitors the functions performed by other organizations.
“The population health management program enables us to better align with the increased emphasis on people-centered population health management,” said Margaret E. O’Kane, President, NCQA. “Not only does this add value to existing quality improvement efforts, but it also demonstrates the highest level of an organization’s commitment to improving the quality of care that meets people’s needs.”
For more information on Sharecare’s population health management platform and programs, please visit www.sharecare.com/employer.
Sharecare is the leading digital health company helping people – no matter where they are in their health journey – to dynamically and efficiently manage all of their health in one place. Our comprehensive, data-driven virtual health platform uniquely integrates messaging, motivation, management, and measurement that drives behavior change and makes high-quality care more accessible and affordable for everyone. Designed to help people, providers, employers, health plans, government organizations and communities optimize individual and population-wide well-being, we offer a comprehensive suite of care and virtual wellness via a unified and scalable platform. From medication adherence to managing a chronic condition such as diabetes, to developing better eating habits, improving sleep and reducing stress, we are committed to supporting each individual through the lens of their personal health and connecting them to the right tools, programs, benefits, and healthcare professionals at the right time. To learn more, visit www.sharecare.com.
About the NCQA
NCQA is a private, nonprofit organization dedicated to improving the quality of health care. The NCQA accredits and certifies a wide range of healthcare organizations. It also recognizes clinicians and practices in key performance areas. The NCQA’s Healthcare Efficiency Data and Information Set (HEDIS®) is the most widely used performance measurement tool in healthcare. The NCQA website (ncqa.org) contains information to help consumers, employers and others make more informed healthcare choices. NCQA can be found online at ncqa.org, at [email protected]on Facebook at facebook.com/NCQA.org and on LinkedIn at linkedin.com/company/ncqa.
Sharecare Public Relations Team