Lorne Fraser Mental Health Promotion Fellowship 2022
Deadline: July 17, 2022
Applications are open for the Lorne Fraser Mental Health Promotion Fellowship 2022. The Lorne Fraser Mental Health Promotion Fellowship from the Canadian Mental Health Association, British Columbia Division is designed to support people with mental illnesses in their post-secondary education.
Since 1982, CMHA BC has helped people with mental illness pursue their post-secondary education through their scholarship programs. They are committed to reducing barriers to access and want to ensure that these scholarships are available to anyone in BC with lived experience who is pursuing higher education.
- The two scholarships, of $1,000 and $2,000, are awarded annually.
- Applicant must be at least 20 years old (or will turn 20 in the next semester) and reside in British Columbia (currently or once classes begin);
- Experience of mental illness or significant challenge related to substance use;
- Preference will be given to students facing financial hardship, including due to COVID-19 and those who may not be eligible for other funding;
- Entering the second, third or fourth year of an undergraduate program or any stage of a graduate program at a designated BC university or college;
- Will be enrolled in a recognized British Columbia post-secondary institution by December 1, 2022;
- Educational and professional goals related to the promotion of mental health.
- Applicants are NOT eligible if they are currently participating in a government-sponsored job training program or receiving significant financial support. Applicants may apply more than once, but are NOT eligible to receive a scholarship for two consecutive years.
- Scholarship holders who are unable to confirm their enrollment by December 1, 2022 will be asked to provide additional documentation to support their extenuating circumstances.
- Changes to the recipients’ course or program between the time of scholarship notification and the start of the course or program must be discussed with the selection committee in order to remain eligible for the original application.
ONLY electronic submissions will be accepted. Submissions received by mail or facsimile will be disqualified.
Click here to apply
For more information, visit Lorne Fraser Scholarship.