Lecturer, Health Promotion and Sexology Job with CURTIN UNIVERSITY
- 2-year, full-time, fixed-term teaching and research opportunity
- $103,101 – $122,133 (ALB) per year plus 17% superannuation
Position reference: 958265
Your new role
Are you interested in developing quality, real-world learning and teaching experiences for graduates capable of meeting the challenges of tomorrow? Would you like to be part of a team working to solve difficult problems facing public health?
We are looking for an agile and innovative teaching and research scholar to join the discipline of health promotion and sexology in 2023. The successful candidate will have a record of excellence in teaching and learning in one or more of the areas following, and an emerging record of community-driven research and engagement with industry and government:
- Health promotion
- Public health
Our ideal candidate will be highly skilled in contemporary tertiary learning and teaching methods, including face-to-face, blended and online delivery methods to deliver exceptional student experiences. You will provide authentic learning, supervision and assessment experiences for our various undergraduate, postgraduate and graduate degrees by research students. You will demonstrate your ability to work effectively within a dynamic team and to build productive relationships with students, peers and stakeholders.
With emerging and independent experience of successful research, you will demonstrate your ability to contribute to the discipline’s focus areas and lead researcher-led, industry-focused research opportunities. You will have strong connections to the professional community in the health promotion and/or sexology disciplines and the ability to lead and influence your profession and discipline.
We encourage both domestic and international candidates to apply. Applicants must be willing to relocate to Perth, WA for the duration of the position as it is based in Perth. Visa sponsorship and relocation assistance will be considered.
To find out more about this opportunity, please contact Associate Professor Justine Leavy at [email protected] or +61 8 9266 9285.
The School of Population Health is recognized internationally as a leader in education and research in all of its disciplines. The school offers undergraduate/postgraduate programs (many of which are accredited) and units in psychology, data science, sexology, public health, health administration, environmental health, epidemiology, biostatistics, occupational health and safety , health promotion, nutrition, dietetics, health economics and health sciences.
The Health Promotion and Sexology discipline is a dynamic, energetic and hardworking team that spans all career stages and includes high performing early and mid-career researchers. We are highly motivated to make positive and lasting change and are looking for someone to join the team who is enthusiastic and will also be dedicated to achieving this goal. The discipline is a pioneer in health promotion and sexology, recognized worldwide for its work in the development of the profession and the discipline. The undergraduate health promotion course is accredited, the first in Australia, by the International Union for Health Promotion and Education.
Our vibrant Bentley campus features a gym, daycare, medical center, art gallery, countless dining options including a full grocery store, beautiful gardens, end-of-trip facilities, good parking and excellent public transport links.
For more information about our university, please visit www.curtin.edu.au
Please provide your CV and a cover letter that meets the selection criteria (noted below) to allow us to assess your suitability for this position.
- PhD in sexology, health promotion or public health or related discipline.
- Tertiary learning and teaching capacity, including scholarly and innovative approaches to delivering excellence in face-to-face and online teaching.
- Experience teaching content and concepts in the disciplines of sexology and health promotion.
- Experience developing or improving curricula and adhering to teaching and learning policies.
- Experience or ability to supervise research students, including senior level research students.
- A developing research record, including peer-reviewed journal articles, grants, experience in knowledge translation, and an area of independent research consistent with the direction of the discipline.
- Active and sustained experience in service and engagement activities within the academic environment and with external and community stakeholders relevant to the discipline.
- High level interpersonal and communication skills with a commitment to developing a collegial and supportive work environment and the ability to interact with students and staff with cross-cultural sensitivity.
- Eligible to apply registration as the International Union for Health Promotion and Health Education (UIPES) Registered Health Promotion Practitioner and/or Member of the Society of Australian Sexologists.
To view a copy of the Generic Academic Role Statement, please copy and paste the following link into your web browser:
Applications close: 9:00 p.m. AWST, November 14, 2022
Applicants should note that prior to appointment, you will be required to have a current National Police Records Check, undergo character, integrity and reference checks. Please note that this position may be subject to a WA State Government Vaccination Mandate. Upon request, you will be required to provide proof of your vaccination status prior to hiring.
If you have any questions regarding this application process, please contact Dr Gemma Crawford at [email protected] or +610892664851. (option 3.1). We reserve the right to engage with recruitment agencies/search firms to support our recruitment in certain circumstances – unsolicited contact is not welcome.