Associate Professor, Health Promotion/Implementation Science, post at NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
The National University of Singapore – which is the highest ranked university in Asia – is recruiting full-time Associate Professors for the Saw Swee Hock School of Public Health (SSHSPH) under permanent/research/practice positions . In addition to an attractive salary and benefits package, new faculty members may be eligible for a start-up grant to launch their independent research stream and subsidized university accommodation.
The positions are specifically for faculty who work in the Health Systems and Behavioral Sciences area of SSHPH. Researchers active in one or more of the following areas of health promotion/implementation science are particularly encouraged to apply:
- Research on:
- Behavioral and communication theories/models,
- Interventions for social, environmental and behavioral change, and
- Evidence-based strategies and their impact on socio-behavioural, environmental and health outcomes for various populations.
- Analysis of:
- Population health needs using mixed methods and appropriate statistical procedures, e.g. e.g., structural equation modeling, and
- Health systems and policies to design health promotion interventions for the general public as well as for at-risk populations.
- Planning, implementing, evaluating and communicating sustainable and effective programs targeted at health promotion and/or disease prevention for the public.
- Development and promotion of practices, policies and laws that will provide supportive and enabling environments for the promotion and improvement of public health.
- Leverage structures and mobilize organizational, governmental and community resources to create supportive environments for health.
- Research on alleviating bottlenecks and barriers to implementation.
- Development and optimization of strategies and implementation methods to generate sustainable improvements in health care and delivery systems.
- Promote the systemic adoption of research findings to advance positive outcomes in clinical, organizational, or policy settings.
- Recognized PhD in a relevant discipline with a strong post-doctoral research background,
- Track record of publication in high-impact international peer-reviewed journals,
- Experienced in leading independent research studies or as a component of larger research programs,
- Ability to generate and maintain an independent stream of research funding,
- Ability to teach public health courses at undergraduate and graduate levels,
- Ability to work in multidisciplinary teams, and
- Ability to work with culturally diverse populations.
- Establish an independent research program through extramural funding,
- Develop collaborative and multidisciplinary research,
- Design and teaching of programs,
- Supervision of postgraduate students advising, and
- Contribute to political/community development in the area of public health.
To apply, please submit a cover letter detailing your research and/or teaching interests and experience, along with a full curriculum vitae and a list of names and contacts of three references to:
Ms. Chua Wen Xi, Sophie
Saw Swee Hock School of Public Health
national university of singapore
MD1, 12 Science Drive 2
#10-01, Singapore 117549
Email: [email protected]
For more information about NUS, please visit: www.nus.edu.sg. For more information about the Saw Swee Hock School of Public Health, please visit www.sph.nus.edu.sg.
Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.