Posted: August 6, 2012. Open until filled.
Position: Part time position 32 – 39 hours/week.
Compensation: $23.00 - $27.00/hour + benefits
The HEAL Project Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating coalition work in San Francisco’sBayview Hunters Point neighborhood to create healthy eating active living environments; with specific emphasis on the Bayview Healthy Eating Active Living (HEAL) Zone and Southeast Food Access (SEFA) Coalitions. The position will work as a part of a team to coordinate key elements of the Bayview Healthy Eating Active Living (HEAL) Zone. The position will also work with Department of Public Health and the co-chairs of the Southeast Food Access Coalition to staff the Southeast Food Access Coalition.
The HEAL Project Coordinator will manage the overall project, engage and maintain partnerships, support evaluation, work closely with project staff, and ensure that the project elements are coordinated and leveraging one another as well as those in the community. Specifically the project coordinator will:
- Manage the overall workplans;
- Coordinate and staff regular meetings, including HZ Advisory Committee, SEFA, and internal planning meetings;
- Work in collaboration with schools, childcare, faith and community based organizations to provide support for healthy eating / active living policies and programs;
- Compile progress reports;
- Support co-chairs and DPH staff as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences (health education, public health, sociology, psychology, etc.);
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate and maintain engagement of multi-sectoral coaltions
- Demonstrated Experience working with with community residents, city officials and community based organization staff;
- Exceptional organizational, written and oral communication skills;
- Experience leading groups, developing and conducting trainings, and facilitating meetings;
- Experience working with schools and school systems;
- Demonstrated community knowledge and cultural competency with regard to the Bayview, San Francisco;
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse communities, especially in the Bayview Hunters Point neighborhood;
- Team player
- Strong computer skills, with proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrated one year work experience in physical activity, food systems/justice, built environment, and public health, health equity;
- Experience in developing community leadership;
- Experience with evaluation and assessment of community programs;
- Masters Public Health, Social Work, Planning, or related field;
- Valid California Drivers License;
- Bilingual Spanish and/or Cantonese;
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends.
Please submit resume, cover letter and 1-2 page writing sample by deadline to:
HEAL Project Coordinator
30 Van Ness, Suite 2300
San Francisco CA 94102
The San Francisco Public Health Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities and applicants with strong connections to the Bayview Hunters Point are strongly encouraged to apply.
This position, employed by the San Francisco Public Health Foundation, is based in San Francisco, requires travel throughout the city, and works under the joint supervision of the Shape Up SF director and Public Health Foundation Executive Director.